Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Those Darn Peaches: Iva's Peach Cobbler

One thing I have to say about this peach cobbler......Amazing!!

Since I had tons of peaches to use (thanks to my mother), I decided to make a couple peach cobblers and distribute them to family.

My daughter got one (okay, one with two servings taken out. Me and my daughter had to try it, and I also needed pictures....), and my sister-in-law got one.

Since I have been involved in my grandmother's estate, I have been at her house sorting things. She had tons and tons of old Country magazines. If you have ever looked a Country magazine, you know that right in the middle it offers recipes that you can clip out and place in a recipe box.

Well, I brought those tons of magazines home (old magazines from the late 70's early 80's) and clipped out every recipe.
I don't know about you, but I love old recipes.
I ran across this peach cobbler recipe, and the name of it is Iva's Peach Cobbler.
My grandmother's name is Iva. I kind of feel like I am dedicating this post to my grandmother.

Kind of cool, I think.

It was kind of a hard task spreading the dough on top of the peaches, but it doesn't matter if all the peaches are covered because the dough poofs up and turns crunchy. This cobbler kind of reminded me of a mix between a crisp and a cobbler.

This recipe is linked to:

Cast Party Wednesday


AND:


And it's also been shared at Lark's Country Heart.
Lark's Country Heart

Iva's Peach Cobbler

6 to 8 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
2 1/2 TBS cornstarch
3/4 c. sugar

Crust
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. sugar
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

Combine peaches, cornstarch and sugar. Pour into a greased 13x9 in. baking pan. For crust, combine all ingredients except egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter. Spread over peaches. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling around edges and top is golden.

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
Isaiah 46:4

Our God created us and cares for us. His love is so enduring that he will care for us throughout our lifetime and even through death.

6 comments:

  1. Looks just peachy! =) Wonderful way to use up those peaches...and find a recipe to dedicate to your loving grandma. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love peaches!
    And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love peaches and cannot wait for them to be in season I am definitely going to be making cobbler!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow for another party filled with GREAT RECIPES!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)