Monday, April 1, 2013

Weight Watchers Monday ~ Cucumber Salad

 Cucumber salad is usually one of my favorite go-to salads.
It's easy to make, and can be prepared quickly for those last minute
dinner invites. You know the ones I'm talking about.....
What makes this cucumber salad special is, it's a Weight Watchers salad.
Yup, 0 WW points.
You can eat 12-14 cucumber slices per serving.
When I peel my cucumbers I like to leave a little of the skin on.
I cut off the ends and peel the cucumber so it looks like it has stripes.
The dark green color give the cucumber salad a much more pretty 
presentation. More inviting to eat.
I found this recipe at Nana's Recipe Box, through Pinterest, of course.
I made a couple changes, but nothing drastic.

Weight Watchers Cucumber Salad
(0 WW points, 12-14 slices per serving)

In a large measuring cup mix:
1/4 c. white vinegar
1 TBS lemon juice
2 tsp. liquid sweetener (Agave In The Raw)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. celery seed
Stir together and pour over sliced cucumber and onion.

In a med/large mixing bowl slice cucumber and onion:
1/2 of a medium sweet onion, sliced (I cut the slices in half and separated the rings)
3-4 medium cucumbers sliced (I used organic).

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this salad, any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's a very quick-fix food, and perfect for last minute invites. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Yum! We love cucumber salad and it's a great way to eat tasty and very light food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I always feel so much better when I eat light. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Diet or no diet (and I'm not on a diet), this is a great salad!
    One of my favorite ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on a diet either, but it's been nice eating healthy foods once a week. I have even dropped a few pounds without dieting.

      Delete
  4. Looks tasty - I could eat most of that by myself in one sitting! Thanks for sharing. Pinning for now to make one day soon. MMM good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think I'm going to make this tonight. I had found a similar recipe from a different source. Thank you for the reminder. Writing down the ingredients for my stop at the store after work!

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)