Monday, August 1, 2011

Do You Experiment? Marinade For Chicken

Do you ever spend time experimenting in the kitchen?

When I have time (not much of that here lately) I love to experiment. I like to come up with my own unique mixes.

I made my own marinade for chicken.

One of my favorite products is Bolthouse Raspberry Vinaigrette.

And if I can find all different ways to use this product, I do.

I left the chicken marinate over-night.

I wrapped the marinated chicken in bacon, and threw it on my George Forman.

The bacon got a little dark, but the juices that were trapped inside was out-of-this-world fantastic.

This was my dinner......

Marinade For Chicken

3/4 c. raspberry vinaigrette
3 TBS tarragon lemon mustard
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS honey
1 TBS sweet basil
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
crushed black pepper

Heat everything together (do not boil, just heat) in a sauce pan. Let stand to room temperature. Pour over chicken breasts, and let marinate over-night.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."
Romans 12:1

There are many definitions of what a classic is. Webster says; "serving as a standard of excellence of recognized value." As I began thinking about that definition, my thoughts were, "What makes a classic?" I realize that striving to be a classic Christian might be a good thing. We aren't cars that someone will drive in a parade someday or end up in a museum, but each of us can set a standard that our children, family, and friends can look up to. Our lives can have a recognized value in the way that we choose to live it.

I think about some of the people that I consider a classic. My grandmother, mother, and step-father come to my mind. They all have a history and an important message, or story to tell. They all have quality, value, recognition, and they are all timeless. God also meets this criteria. God is a classic. We learn, we seek, and we turn to Him for his message and guidance. I think we should all do our best to become a classic Christian.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)