Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Just Couldn't Wait!! Melon Salad

With the close of summertime being just around the corner (did I say that out loud?), I couldn't wait to post this recipe.

Melons are usually one of the later fruits of the season. And ones that I just can't get enough of.

During the summer, I truly believe I could be a true vegetarian, or fruitetarian.....

My dinner tonight consisted of sweet corn, chunk tomatoes, and this wonderful melon salad.
Who needs meat?

This recipe is linked to:



My mom sent me this recipe through cyber space (email) and asked me if I have ever tried it, or seen it.

It was "no" to both, and the herbs and seasonings sounded odd.

I had a cantaloupe and honeydew on hand, so all I needed was the fresh herbs.

This is definitely a cool refreshing summer salad. And I think the flavors will be more intense when they sit overnight.

Melon Salad

1 cantaloupe, seeded and diced
1/2 honeydew, seeded and diced
1/2 c. chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
2 TBS sugar
Juice of 1 large lime

Mix them all together, and voila! Melon summer salad.....

"If my land cries out against me and all its furrows are wet with tears, if I have devoured its yield without payment or broken the spirit of its tenants, then let briers come up instead of wheat and weeds instead of barley."
Job 31:38-39

What can we say about the trials, the pressures, and the riddles of our own life? We fall silent, which is true for many of us. We think we know the Bible, we think we have God boxed in, and we think we understand how He is going to act. God will always do something that will not fit our theology. He is greater than any human study of Him. He is a loving God, but His love will take forms of expression that we do not understand. Things will happen in our lives that will make us ask, "why", "why me", "what have I done".... We have faith in the rule of God, but we constantly reach out to exercise faith in the God who rules.
I need help to lay aside my flaunting schemes for self-improvement and self-defense, what about you? I am weak in trusting that God's loving grace will give me all I need.





3 comments:

  1. WOW - I want a bite! I've never had melon seasoned like this, but you sure do make it look inviting. I could live on fresh fruit/veggies in the summertime too. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your melon salad sounds delicious and not to mention gorgeous. I love lime on melon and I know the cilantro brings a bit of spice to it. Lovely. I'll be bookmarking this to try. I'm visiting from Fresh Food Friday.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Sam. This salad is very refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer day. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)