Friday, August 19, 2011

You Are Going To Love This: Jalapeno Popper Dip

The jalapeno!

What a lovely little (fire cracker) pepper.

Garden peppers are coming on full force right now, and the jalapeno is one of my favorites.

I just wish I could have the jalapeno flavor without the heat. That would be perfect, huh?

I put one little jalapeno in this dip.

If you are brave, you can put more.

When I attempted to create this dip, I thought, "I'm only using one pepper, so I can get away with not wearing gloves. One little pepper isn't going to hurt anything."

But yes it did.....

I washed my hands right away, like 50 million times.....

Thought I was safe, touched my face, and the misery began. Every place I touched turned to fire, even after washing my (50 million times) hands.

From here on out, even if I look at a jalapeno, I'm going to wear gloves.

This dip is fantastic. I didn't want it fire hot, so I used one pepper. The one fresh jalapeno pepper is perfect (I think).
The flavor is there, and the heat is tolerable.
I even took this to a church luncheon.

This recipe is linked to:

AND:



AND:


Jalapeno Popper Dip

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, soft
1 c. mayonnaise
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 c. Kraft shredded Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago cheese
1/2 c. Hormel crumbled bacon
1 TBS dry ranch salad dressing mix

Stir together cream cheese and mayo in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in jalapeno, cheese, bacon, and salad dressing mix. Store in refrigerator, but let it come to room temperature before serving. Serve with corn chips or pretzels.

"I was greatly displeased and threw all Tobiah's household goods out of the room. I gave orders to purify the rooms, and then I put back into them the equipment of the house of God, with the grain offerings and the incense."
Nehemiah 13:8-9

In the New Testament, Jesus came into the temple and found it filled with moneychangers. Jesus reacted in much the same way as in Nehemiah 13:8-9. He made a whip and went around the temple, upsetting tables and driving the moneychangers out. It indicates that there is a time for strong stands against the evils that others have indifferently accepted and allowed.
Evil invades us quietly. Before we know it, we have compromised and gone along with standards widely accepted by others. We must be prepared to be drastic and take somewhat painful action to clear up the things that are wrong in our own lives. False forces can easily invade our lives and take up rooms in the very temple of our spirit, allowing pollution and destroying us in the process. Take action! Do not allow evil things to remain. Even if it is painful to do so, end it!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this one Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would flip over this one - so glad you shared!! Looking forward to seeing you on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and responding to my Fabulous Finds post. My visit to Sweetie-licious was actually my first time in DeWitt...interesing little town:) Your dip sounds fabulous. I have a pot-luck coming up and it would be a great thing to take, I think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! I absolutely love it Angie!!
    Thanks for adding it to the Country Cooks Across America Pot Luck! I will definitely use it!

    Laurie@ Food is Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote this down! YUMM! Our Jalapenos we are growing are just abot ripe, this is the perfect recipe to try them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely hate jalapeno's... but the boy loves them. So I sent him a link to your post this morning and I received a text that said "I am making this you dont even have to I AM MAKING THIS" haha :]

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny Erica....thank you for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try this, I love jalapenos! Thanks for linking up at Share-It Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)