Friday, August 5, 2011

Sometimes Hot Is Good: Jalapeno Poppers

Is there anything better than a fresh jalapeno?

This is one of my favorite summertime peppers.

Jalapeno Poppers

Sliced and placed on top of deviled eggs

Placed in chili (okay, that's a wintertime meal)

Jalapeno popper stuffed chicken

I love the flavor of a fresh jalapeno. Not necessarily the hotness of the pepper, but the flavor is awesome.

And one important rule to follow when working with jalapenos.....

Always, always, always use gloves.

When working with jalapenos, is it always automatic for your eye to itch right when you cut the first pepper?

That seems to always happen to me.....

These were fantastic, but the next time I make them, I'm going to make sure I get the bacon strips wrapped around the ends of the peppers. While they baked the cream cheese filling oozed out. I also think I will place these under the broiler for the last few minutes.

Don't let my tips discourage you from making these.....just consider my tips and try them yourself.

I will be making these again. And again. And again.

Jalapeno Poppers

I only had 7 jalapenos, so the recipe is adjusted for 7
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. shredded Mexican cheese
2 TBS mayonnaise
1 TBS dry ranch dressing mix
Bacon strips cut in half

Cut jalapenos in half, remove seeds. Place a good amount of cream cheese mixture in each jalapeno half. Wrap each jalapeno with bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 minutes.

"And these go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Matthew 25:46

I commented about not liking the heat......
Eternal punishment takes place in hell (the lake of fire or Gehenna), the place of punishment after death for all those who refuse to repent. In the Bible, three words are used in connection with eternal punishment: 1. Sheol, 2. Hades, and 3. Gehenna. When Jesus warns against unbelief, He is trying to save us from agonizing, eternal punishment.

4 comments:

  1. You are so courageous in the kitchen! I've NEVER cooked with fresh jalapenos but do love them stuffed. When are you serving them again? I'll be over! Your inspiration at the end of your post is perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peppers in general and how can you go wrong with a jalapeno. I never where gloves and it really doesn't bother me anymore. Asbestos hands I guess but I am always careful to not touch my eyes or face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole grocery bag full of jalapenos. There are a couple more things I would like to make with them (jalapeno dip, and jalapeno popper chicken), and then the rest will be chopped and frozen for soups. Marsha, the poppers were a request from my oldest daughter. I tasted a couple and then the rest were given to her. They were very good, but I think the bacon needs to see the broiler for a few minutes (my thoughts)....OH to tweak a recipe....I would more than happy to make some for you. It would give me the chance to test my own tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy!! I think that your eyes or nose always start to itch the minute you have them totally gross with either raw ground beef or covered in spicy stuff. It always happens :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)