Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Monster: Creme Brulee Cheesecake

This recipe jumped right out of the book and slapped me in the face.

"You better make me or I will have to hurt you."

I really dislike food threats. But I obey...

A friend of mine (Marsha Baker) gave me some old issues of Taste of Home magazines to go through and clip recipes if I wanted. And yes, I wanted.

Look at this, I'm asking for Betty's help again. This is the crust to the cheesecake.

I didn't have any toffee bits, so I substituted monster cookie mix for the toffee. It worked great.

I poured it into my little nifty mini chopper and chopped it up fine.

When this cheesecake comes out of the oven, the toffee bits are suppose to be applied right away. I think they are suppose to melt or something.

This is fabulous, and I am so glad I have a whole 13 x 9 inch pan of it to eat. I don't even think I want to share with my family....it's all mine!!

A piece of advice; Make sure you pay attention to the directions closely. Do not add the full 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla to the crust like I did....Over use of vanilla is okay though. I can't even tell the difference.
It's cheesecake for crying out loud, I'm not going to complain about the extra vanilla in the crust...

This recipe is linked to:



Creme Brulee Cheesecake

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 box (4-serving size) French vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 TBS packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
2 pkg (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
2/3 c. toffee bits, finely crushed, or monster cookie mix, finely crushed

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, butter, 1 tsp. of the vanilla and 1 egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and granulated sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crust.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Immediately sprinkle top with crushed toffee bits. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. Cut into squares.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

"Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103:5

5 comments:

  1. mmm..it sounds really really good! Tasty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Golly - I'm gonna have to make this...but I'll have to be sure someone else is around to share it with me, cause I'm sure I could devour it by myself too! I have everything but the toffee bits, but that can be fixed real quick. Your pictures are marvy - Thank you so much for sharing - and for the tip about the vanilla! It's so easy to make a mistake like that, huh?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is basically an amazing idea! Brilliant!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! Those look good girlfriend!


    Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, that cheesecake and its topping are just so tempting. I hope you'll come by and link this up to Sweets for a Saturday #5. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)