Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hey, Do You Speak Italian? Italian Pulled Pork

I was doing my normal daily blog visits. You know, the ones that instantly take 6 hours out of your day? Can you tell I'm a faithful blog visitor? 6 hours? Really?

I was visiting my friend Joelle, and if you want to find some amazing recipes make sure you visit her here.

Joelle posted a recipe for Italian Beef Sandwiches. This recipe sounded so good, and I wanted to make it NOW.

I kind of felt like a person on that investment commercial. You know, the one where the people are screaming, "IT'S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW!"
I wanted to scream, "I LOVE FOOD, AND I NEED IT NOW!" when I viewed the ingredients for Joelle's Italian Beef Sandwiches.
The only problem I was facing; I didn't have any beef, but I had just slow roasted a pork roast the day before.
That little light bulb above my head shown brightly. Pork in place of beef.
I can do this.

Then the farther I read into Joelle's recipe, I found out that I didn't have any dry Italian dressing mix.

I am not ready to throw in the towel.

I can still make this work.

I shredded my pork and ended with 4 to 6 cups.

I dug through my frig and found a little bit of onion, and my fresh garlic I always have handy by the stove. I sliced the onion into strips, and finely chopped three cloves of garlic. I love garlic!
The more garlic, the less vampires....

I used 1 cup of my left-over pork broth. Never, never, never throw out broth from a roast. I always keep mine and use it for soup or freeze it.

The pork broth went into a deep skillet along with the garlic, onion, and 1 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning.

When I put in the 1 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning I thought, "Oh my goodness, I really messed this up."
But I continued....
The Italian seasoning was very strong while I was simmering the onion and garlic. I simmered it for about 5 minutes to soften the onion and garlic.

After five minutes I added the 4 to 6 cups of shredded pork. I heated it through and served it opened faced on toast. The Italian seasoning amount was just right.

This is one of those recipes that makes you long for something more....

I wish I would have had some hamburger buns or sub buns....darn!!

But it was very good on toast.

Thank you Joelle for sharing your talent.

This recipe is linked to:





Italian Pulled Pork

4 to 6 cups shredded cooked pork roast
1 c. pork roast broth
1/2 c. sliced onion
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning

Shred pork and set aside. Place the broth, garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning in a deep skillet.
Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the shredded pork and heat through. Serve on buns or toast.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

"Two people are better than one. They can help each other in everything they do. Suppose someone falls down. Then his friend can help him up. But suppose the man who falls down doesn't have anyone to help him up. Then feel sorry for him! Or suppose two people lie down together. Then they'll keep warm. But how can one person keep warm alone? One person could be overpowered. But two people can stand up for themselves. And a rope made out of three cords isn't easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

3 comments:

  1. Awww. thank you my friend... I am thinking I am going to try this it looks amazing... a little onions, garlic and Italian seasoning is all anyone needs in life well along with a little chocolate and butter and we are all set.....thanks so much... your blog looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joelle. I really don't think I would be able to live without chocolate and butter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea Girlie! Your pictures are great too, and I LOVE the new background. How fun! Keep up the good work - you continue to WOW me with all your creative ideas! *-* I didn't realize Joelle had a blog, so thanks for introducing me to that too.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)