Friday, February 11, 2011

Calling All Grandparents: We Are Special

Are you a Grandparent?

And that sign says United We Sing, not United We Sin. Although sometimes that might be true.

Did you know that schools honor Grandparents?

This is the day when parents are pushed aside and Grandparents get to shine....

This is my grandson Ashton.

He is one of the most important people in my life.

Sometimes it is okay for US bloggers to leave our food creations and focus on family.

I want to share with you today the program that was created especially for ME because I am a Grandma.

Okay, not just for me. I will now remove the selfishness...

It was created for many Grandparents.

I hope I can make it through this post without many tears.

Oh Lord, I can feel the burn already.

This is how thankful the kindergarten class is for the U.S.A.

They look pretty thankful, huh?

Did you know that every letter of the alphabet represents something important in the United States?

Yup, the kindergarten class proved it.


They chopped down five little cherry trees.


They even did some cooking.

See, this IS appropriate for a foodie blog.

They created the recipe for Old Glory (the flag).


There are many symbols that represent the United States.

The kindergarten class went through them all.

And if you look really close, the Declaration of Independence is up-side down.

Maybe that is why some things go harry in this country?

With me being a Grandma, I spent most of the program wondering if my grandson (Ashton) was going to get to participate.

I almost threw a fit right there in front of everyone and screamed, "What about MY grandson?"

Ashton got to participate in the My Flag song.

He had a very difficult routine to memorize to show the importance of our flag.

Well, maybe it wasn't that difficult, but my grandson is important and he did wonderful.

They sang about Yankee Doodle with wooden knock sticks.


And this right here is our America.

These children will grow to maybe become our next president, our important leaders, doctors, and whatever else they long to become. They are our future. They will be our guides. We (as grandparents) need to support them.

"Lord, you keep the lamp of my life burning brightly. You are my God. You bring light into my darkness. With your help I can attack a troop of soldiers. With the help of my God I can climb over a wall." Psalm 18:28,29

3 comments:

  1. Oh Angie - what an awesome & beautiful post - it brought me to tears! Not only do I cherish these special times with our grandkids at school, but when they promote the Red, White & Blue too - it doesn't get any better than that! Your pictures are all so sweet - I know your heart is full of pride because of this special moment in time, as it should be. So glad you shared! HURRAH FOR GRANDPARENTS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, from one grandma to another, this was beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome... as a mom to a baby, an 18 year old and a 5 year old step son I know I have lots to look forward to as the years progress....maybe one day with God's grace and luck I too will be a gramma... not too soon though :).... your grandson is precious what a beautiful program.... made me smile and made my day :) thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)