Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Doing Good: Egg-White Omelet

Valentine's Day is over.

I am seeing green.

The snow is melting and I am ready for the colors and signs of spring.

Fresh mowed grass, the popping heads of spring flowers, and just to be able to get out of this stinking house and walk somewhere.

Okay why would my house stink? I am a cooker, baker, creator of food.... I take that statement back right now!

I have changed my blog background to match my mood. GREEN!! (which is my favorite color, by the way).

Do you ever have days where you feel like you are being pulled in two different directions?

Today I had a day like that.

My dinner consisted of a three egg-white omelet filled with Italian pulled pork and white cheddar cheese.

The egg-whites - healthy, low calorie
The pulled pork - the serving size makes all the difference
White cheddar cheese - serving size is important here too

I felt really good about taking the time to plan this healthy meal. I patted myself on the back.
I did some jumping-jacks (to say I exercised for the day) to add vibe to the good feeling.

And all the while I am feeling good about myself, I am ignoring the Creme Brulee Cheesecake that is almost ready to come out of the oven....FSSTTT....Where do you think the three egg-whites came from?

Fattening, full calorie, bad for you, delicious, sweet, savory, dessert.

That is my two direction day.

Pretty stressful!!

For the omelet:

I used three egg-whites
A small amount of pulled pork
and a small amount of white cheddar cheese

Just make it like you would make a regular omelet.

This was very good, by the way.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me."
Psalm 138:7

2 comments:

  1. Good idea for the leftover pulled pork... I have made omelettes with BBQ pulled pork and carmelized onions... yummm will have to try this... creme brulee... sigh so wanting some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely a girl after my own heart! I would LOVE the omelet (with a few veggies sauteed and added) and the cheesecake sounds divine! Sounds like a pretty perfect match if you ask me. And I LOVE this green background....makes me think more about spring too!! Thanks for being a day brightener once again. *-*

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)