Monday, November 22, 2010

Yup, Pretty Special: Double Chocolate Cookies

Who likes, loves, adores, enjoys, and is passionate about chocolate? I AM!!

There is a story behind these scrumptious cookies.

And they go perfect with a tall glass of milk. Believe me, I know. And Sean (my significant other) is doing cartwheels.

This is my daughter Randi.

A few words to describe her: Shy, Quiet, and Caring.

And I just fooled you with those words. When she is around her friends she can be quite loud. And she doesn't hesitate to let me know when I make her mad. The other day for example, she said, "AARRRR....You make so mad that I want to punch a baby!" (teenagers and their choice of words, AMAZING). When it comes to strangers though, that is when the bold words come into play. When she is asked her name it comes out in a whisper: Randi..., and then the person asking has to say, "What is it?"

She has been my right hand girl ever since she was born (January 25, 1994).

When she became of walking age I constantly had a shadow. There were sometimes I wanted to duct tape her and stick her in a closet, but had second thoughts when jail-time was brought to mind. As she got older I reminded her daily that she just cannot be my second pair of underwear. I always had to physically move her away from my elbows (stand over there!!). She clung to me when I'd leave for work, and she would do her best with begging me to stay home.

I shouldn't complain though, I'm sure there are many mothers out there that would kill for a daughter like Randi.

One thing that became from the clinging is, her interest in cooking and baking. She would help me make cookies in the kitchen, and now she is able to do it on her own.

Sometimes when we (my significant other and I) are out-and-about I will receive a text (for example, yesterday): "I'm gonna make cookies, kk??"

We never know what we are going to come home to.

Yesterday she surprised us with double chocolate cookies.

Her interest in cooking and baking is leading her to take culinary classes at our local vocational school. I am very proud of her.

She will learn about food, which will make us a perfect team. I cook and bake with the heart (no education), and she will be cooking and baking with the mind (fully understand food). What goes best together? Of course, the heart and mind.

"Incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding." Prov. 2: 2.

Double Chocolate Cookies

2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips or chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto un-greased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

2 comments:

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)