Saturday, November 13, 2010

Procrastination: Four Ingredient Meal

Procrastination: The act of procrastinating; putting off, delaying or deferring an action to a later time. A slowness as a consequence of not getting around to it.

These last few days for me have been terrible.

Sunday is my last day of school at the University of Phoenix (online). I have spent a year and nine months working on a major in business management. I will be graduating with my Associate Degree within the next few weeks.

I will take a short (much needed) break and go right back at it the middle of January for another 74 weeks. I will then be majoring in Organizational Supervision and Leadership (Bachelor Degree). This time attending the Defiance College, and the traditional classroom setting scares me to death. Yes, it is good to talk about your fears.

I am 42 years old and attending college....For real?

I am kind of going through an emotional state. I just want my schooling to be over, but then I am sad to see it end. I have worked so hard at keeping a GPA of 3.7 or higher. Yup, straight A's all the way through, except for algebra. Ended my algebra classes with B's (thanks for kicking my GPA in the butt algebra).

I just don't understand who thought of placing letters with numbers.....UGH!! Letters are for spelling and numbers are for adding and subtracting. I will share a little secret: I had to get a tutor for those classes....What can I say, I've been out of school for 24 years.

I have a final assignment due on Sunday that consists of preparing a practice manual for supervisors (2,800 words long).

How do you spell procrastination? I-D-O-N-O-T-W-A-N-T-T-O-D-O-I-T.....

Facing the end of my education travels, I haven't really wanted to spend much time in the kitchen. I have been too busy pouting and sulking, thinking about what my brain is going to do with an education break (please don't shut down on me).

To keep things simple, I decided on a quick meal.

Goulash

Goulash is one of my favorite meals, and not because it is simple. I think it is amazing how some ingredients are just meant for each other.

Pasta, hamburger, onion, and spaghetti sauce. A quick meal means more time to work on schoolwork, which I did not use properly, but enjoyed the tastiness of my goulash....HA!

Four ingredients: Hamburger, elbow macaroni, onion, and Prego (I did sneak in some spices though). Taco seasoning was added to the meat mixture, and season salt is wonderful in goulash.

I have been asked to find out the history of goulash, and find out about its name.

Goulash, or Hungarian Goulash as we know it, is a thick, saucy, hearty dish.

Where did goulash come from? Hungary, of course.

This dish was named after the herdsman. Which herdsman in Hungarian is: gulyás

The herdsman were able to prepare this meal while working in the fields. They could easily cook it in a kettle over an open fire.

This dish did not make it to the town-folk's table until the 19th century. The herdsmen kept this tasty dish a secret, a tradition.

Restaurants started to put goulash on their menus by the second half of the 20th century. Goulash, known as a soup in Hungary, became the number one dish of Hungarian cuisine. It was a dish that every tourist just had to try.

The original Hungarian name was changed to goulash in some parts of the world, and there are stews and casseroles that are called goulash also.

All you have to do is brown your hamburger, onion, and spices together. Add Prego spaghetti sauce to the meat mixture. Boil your macaroni, drain, and mix in with sauce. There you have it, goulash.

Serve with salad and garlic bread, and you have a perfect quick meal.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)