1. Fry your bacon until it is crisp, and set aside to cool and drain.
2. While your bacon is cooling, shred your cabbage, onion and carrot up into long thin strips no more than one-fourth inches thick.
3. Wash your veggies under cold water, and sit off to the side in a strainer to dry.
4. Mince your garlic cloves, and set to the side.
5. Place your olive oil into a large pot, and set the heat to medium low. Depending on your stove, you may have to adjust the heat higher to fry the cabbage or lower to keep the oil from burning.
6. Crumble your bacon while waiting for the oil to heat.
7. Pour your minced garlic into the oil, and allow cooking for a minute to infuse the garlic's essence into the oil, and then add your cabbage, onion, carrots and red pepper flakes.
8. Cover the pot with a lid, allow the cabbage to cook for about two minutes and then stir thoroughly to coat all ingredients with your garlic oil.
9. Pour water into pot and cover.
10. Allow your fried cabbage to cook for around ten minutes, only stirring if necessary. Keep the lid on the pot as long as possible to prevent the steam from escaping.
11. As your fried cabbage cooks, you will notice that the overflowing pot of veggies has shrunk to about one third of its initial area.
12. When your cabbage is done, pour into a large bowl along with the bacon chips, and mix thoroughly.
13. Serve hot.