Sunday, July 8, 2012

How To Get The Most Out Of A Blog

Today is Sunday, and I never post on Sunday, 
but for some reason I was inspired
this morning to touch on some information that I 
think would be helpful to you. 
Sunday is a quiet day, a day for relaxing, reading, and napping.
But before you nap, take a read here. 
I hope this clears up some of the
questions and concerns that come with blog 
searching, 
operating, 
and
maneuvering
There are some helpful tips in here that I'm sure
will benefit you (I hope!). 

Sometimes when people hear the word blog they automatically think boring, too personal, or "I don't know how to use one".
Since I have joined the Foodie Friends Friday (FFF) group I thought I'd take some time to help you understand a blog a little better. They are beneficial for you if you are planning a vacation, looking for recipes, or just looking around for inspiration.
Most of the time high tourist areas will have a blog available for tourists to get information and feedback about a vacationing area. How nice is that? That way you don't waste time going somewhere that gives bad feedback that you didn't know about. Look for a blog before you travel.
A food blog allows an internet user to grab recipes, ideas, reviews, and also feedback. But a food blog offers so much more. A food blog is more personal with owner to user information. If you look at the top of your screen you will see buttons that are labeled Home (if you get lost, just hit the home button), About Me (if you want to know the blog operator on a more personal level), Email (allows you to contact the operator with your feedback and ideas. and blog operators love to hear feedback and ideas.), Buttons (they allow a reader to find more wonderful food blogs. just click on the button you are interested in and you will be taken to that blog.), Awards (the awards that the blog operator loves to brag about), and Recipes (this is where the recipes are categorized to help you find what you are looking for).
There are tons of blogs out there that are filled with inspiration. If you are anything like me, you have down days when you just need a little pick-me-up. Inspirational blogs definitely fulfill the pick-me-up.
Since I am a food blogger, I'll share with you how I use someone else's food blog. And believe me, I use them all the time every day.
I use a food blog just like a cookbook. When I am really inspired by a fellow bloggers blogging technique, or I run across a recipe that really inspires me, I contact them. I let them know what a wonderful job they are doing, and how they are bringing simplicity to all of the food blog readers. I also have a portable device (iPad, Lap Top) that I can carry right into the kitchen. A cookbook right at my fingertips.
I was contacted by a reader telling me that she doesn't buy cookbooks anymore. She uses food blogs as her means of recipes (she knows the recipes are tried and true). How cool is that?
No matter what type of blog you are looking for (planning vacations, recipes, or inspiration) just remember that it takes a lot of hard work and many hours to put together and maintain a blog. That is why feedback is so important. It allows bloggers to change, bring forth better information, and suite the readers needs. A blog operator is not a mind reader, and they need to be constantly fed your ideas, what you expect, and how you would like to see changes made. A blog operator is basically there to listen to YOU.

So, with that being said, I hope I somewhat made the blogging adventure a little easier for you. A blog is one of the #1 forms of advertising in today's marketing world.

I hope you have a gorgeous, relaxing, and maybe productive Sunday.
Let me know of any changes you would like to see appear on A'lil Country Sugar. I promise I will do my best to fulfill those requests.
And another excellent means of keeping in touch with me, yup, you got it, Facebook. "Like" my fan page and you will never miss a thing that's going on here at A'lil Country Sugar.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That was very informative! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those great thoughts Ang! Love the photos at the top of your page here...hope you have a great week .....keep cool! ;-}

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)