Thursday, December 23, 2010

Security & Snick-Nog Frosted Cookies

Have you ever had a frosted snickerdoodle cookie?

Me either, until now.

I located a recipe called Snickerdoodle-Eggnog Cookie Pies.

I have to apologize again, because I forgot to write down where this recipe came from.

Note:
NEW YEAR RESOLUTION: Write down everything when it comes to someone else's recipe.

I feel bad when the original owner does not get credit. I promise things will change around here after the new year.

I did make some changes to this recipe though. Instead of making the sandwich cookies I just spread the frosting on top of the cookie.

I used my own snickerdoodle recipe too.

Is there anyone out there that is a Nicholas Sparks fan?

I love Nicholas Sparks, and his newest release only took me three days to read.

Have you ever read a book that really touches home?

"Safe Haven" touched home for me.

Of course I didn't change my identity, but I was a victim of verbal, mental, and physical abuse. It took me 21 years to find my safe haven.

I took some time this morning to read a Christmas story (a short story).

The story consisted of a family that makes it a tradition every year to put together a nativity scene in their yard. The two little boys in the family took pride in making sure the baby Jesus was safe, secure, and warm (wrapped in a blanket). They checked on the baby Jesus daily. One year, just a few days before Christmas, someone stole their baby Jesus.

When we place a nativity scene in our yard, do we have to resort to chains, locks, wires, and security devices to make sure Jesus remains secure?

Is your Jesus secure?

The way I see it, the thief needed Jesus in his/her life more than that family. That family already has Jesus secure in their hearts. They are practicing the true meaning of Christmas.

Today is my last post before the holiday season.

I am wishing you and your families a safe, blessed, inspiring Christmas, and I hope you have a New Year full of blessings.

I will see you next week.

Snick-Nog Frosted Cookies

This is the same frosting that was placed on top of my Eggnog Bread.

3/4 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

For cookie coating:

1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine 3/4 c. granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, cream of tarter, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beat until combined. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
Combine 1/3 c. granulated sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a small shallow dish. Roll balls in sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets (I use baking stones that don't have to be greased) coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 minutes, or until tops crack.

Eggnog Frosting:

1 1/4 sticks butter, softened
1 1/4 c. confectioners sugar
dash salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. rum extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
1 1/2 TBS eggnog

In a standing mixer (with paddle attachment), beat butter at medium-high speed until smooth, about 20 seconds.
Add confectioners sugar and salt, beat at medium-low speed, until most of the sugar is moistened, about 45 seconds.
Add vanilla and rum extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggnog. Beat the mixture on medium speed until everything is combined. Beat on medium-high until fluffy.
Frost cooled cookies.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering." Heb. 10:23



3 comments:

  1. I never made eggnog frosting..looks easy! Wonderful cookies Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I recently saw a recipe for frosted cookies, and this snickerdoodle frosted recipe. I'm a H U G E Nic Sparks fan....I met him and now have an autographed copy of one of his books. I'm such a H U G E fan, I don't like seeing the movies. I think Hollywood doesn't do his stories justice....so needless to say, I've only seen the Notebook and Message in a Bottle and vowed to not see the others...LOL OH, and Jesus IS the reason for the season!! Merry Christmas! - ange

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never occurred to me to frost snickerdoodles. What a fun thing to do. Eggnog flavor sounds just scrumptious, too. Hope your Christmas was Merry!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)