Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cold Day/Quick Fix: Taco Salad

LOOK AT THAT!! Unlucky me won a cookbook from my local grocery store.

The Chief Supermarket had a FAN PAGE (FaceBook) "Like" contest. If you clicked "Like" on their comment, your name got thrown into a drawing for a free cookbook. AND I WAS THE WINNER...

I just had to share that with you.

If you are a FaceBook fan of the Chief Supermarket make sure you keep up with their posts, you could be the next lucky winner....


It is cold outside today, and I wanted a quick lunch so I can get started on my next project: Amish Sugar Cookies.

On cold days like this all I can think about is a nice warm blanket and my COUCH. I'm going to be in big trouble this winter, I won't get anything done....

All of my ingredients are chopped, shredded, and set out for the ultimate taco salad creation.

My Ranch Style Beans are hiding in the picture, right there, on top of the sour cream.

Can't have a Mexican meal without Ranch Style Beans.

I don't know how I ever lived without them.


AHHH, there's the Ranch Style Beans.

I just had to have a plateful on the side.

How many of you drizzle ranch salad dressing on your taco salad?

I am guilty of that.

I also like my taco salad smothered with onions and cheese, just a little salsa and sour cream.



Oh, lookie there....Ranch Style Beans ON my taco salad. Right there, in the picture up there. Do you see them?

On the side, on top, it just has to be done.

I don't have a recipe for this one, but it is pretty self-explanatory.

Brown meat, season with Mexican spices, shred lettuce, chop onions, shredded cheese, salsa, RANCH STYLE BEANS, sour cream, corn chips, and ranch dressing.

The perfect taco salad (with Ranch Style Beans on the side).

How many times did I write Ranch Style Beans????

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. The one thing I like about taco salad is, it is so versatile. You can throw just about anything on a taco salad and it still remains taco salad. I have seen it made with chicken before too.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)