Monday, October 18, 2010

Cravings: Angel Lush

WOW!! Something must be really wrong with me.

Look what I'm posting in the middle of October.....Angel Lush??

Isn't this a summertime refreshing treat?

But, when someone has a craving, like me, it is best to fulfill it.

And that is exactly what I did.

I found these little angels (the size of a brick) at the Meijer store, and yes, on the same day bakery rack.

These little angel food cakes are what triggered my craving. I think I need to stay away from that bakery rack. What do you think?

I purchased four of these sweet little cakes, left one on my counter, and stuck the rest in the freezer for later use, because I'm thrifty like that, and angel food cake freezes well.

The ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted for the lighter, less fat, less calories type of person.

But I am a full figur.........oops, I mean full flavored type of person.

When you take all the calories and fat away from a recipe, what do you have?

Yup, that's right, NO FLAVOR. Although I have tried some pretty amazing recipes from Weight Watchers.

I am not really big on OVER-SWEET treats.

Take for instance the pumpkin whoopie pie. That was way too much sweet.

I had a craving for something with a little sweet, a lot of refreshment, and a good combination.

The ANGEL LUSH hit the nail on the head. My craving has been satisfied once again.


These little cakes were small enough that all I had to do was slice them in half.

When you use a full sized angel food cake for this recipe, there will be three slices made.

I did have lush left-over too, but I have ideas for that, believe me....

I still have a whole box of Ritz brown sugar/cinnamon crackers.

Now doesn't that look refreshing?

I couldn't wait to dive into that....

Angel Lush

1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, in juice, undrained
1 pkg (4 serving size) French vanilla instant pudding
1 c. thawed whipped topping
1 round angel food cake
Fresh fruit of your choice on top

Mix pineapple with its juice and the dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.

Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut-side up on serving platter; top with 1 1/3 c. of the pudding mixture. Cover with middle cake layer and an additional 1 c. of the pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer, spread top of cake with the remaining pudding mixture.

Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with fruit of your choice just before serving.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Even the regular recipe doesn't sound that fattening. Angel food cake is one of the lowest cakes in fat content, me thinks? And whipped topping is fairly low, pineapple juice and dry pudding mix, it all sounds low fat to me, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do believe it is. This is just a down-home comfort food in my book. It is so refreshing and all the flavors go excellent together. It is even better out of the frig.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)