Thursday, October 28, 2010

When You Have Left-Overs: Make Meatloaf

I was looking in the refrigerator the other day, and like always, noticed all the left-overs that were not being eaten.

OK....when you have left-overs, MAKE MEATLOAF.

That is exactly what I did.

I started pulling things out of the frig that I thought would be tasty in a meatloaf. Salsa, spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and sauteed yellow squash and zucchini would be perfect.


I grabbed 1 pound ground turkey and 3 pounds ground beef.

WOW!! 4 pounds of meat? Quickly think, what am I going to do with all that meatloaf?

Freezer, cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day? Oh my gosh!! Another left-over....

Alright, I know what I am going to do. I am going to make two meatloaves and send one home with my daughter. Problem solved!!

I dumped everything together and began mixing (with my hand of course).

Who mixes meatloaf with a spoon?

Did you see the yellow squash and zucchini in there? Right there in the picture above. See it? It's there.

Who puts yellow squash and zucchini in their meatloaf?

I do!!

When I took the picture of everything mixed together, I didn't realize I left my hand-print in it.

Kind of funny. And when you live with someone with an imagination, a history buff, comic book collector, and video game player, his first reaction to this picture was, "One small step for man, one giant leap for meatloaf-kind."

Too funny!!
After my meatloaf mixture was shaped into loaves and placed in pans, I topped them both with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. YUMMMM-O

I couldn't just give my daughter a loaf of meatloaf, so I completed the meal by making mashed potatoes and corn.

That is the care package I sent home for her and her family.

Made Out of Left-Overs Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey
3 lb. ground beef
1 c. left-over sauteed yellow squash and zucchini
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 c. spicy brown mustard
1 c. salsa
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 sleeve smashed Roasted Vegetable Ritz crackers
Topped with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Mix all ingredients together except for BBQ sauce and mix well (with hand). Place in two loaf pans equally. Squeeze on BBQ sauce and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Good Luck~Happy Eating~Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. yer as bad as me and creative too, Then I always add oats to the mix 2 make it heart healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use rice as a hold-together ingredient, but when I discovered all the flavored crackers that out there....Oh my!! Cheez-Its are wonderful in a meatloaf too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to utilize those leftovers! I added a couple of eggs to mine to help bind it together. It was a big hit - everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see comments like yours. At least I know someone is enjoying my cooking techniques. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)