Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blueberry Mini Bread



From flop to fantastic!!

I was suppose to have this up sooner, but I got wrapped up in homework and was up till wee hours of the morning. Now I have slept, I have my caffeine fix entering my body, and I can concentrate all over again.

This recipe was taken from the Zucchini/Blueberry Muffin attempt. I made some changes and left the zucchini out this time. The result is, beautiful looking mini bread loaves. I think a mini bread loaf is so cute. They make great gifts, and they are just the right size to share with a friend or neighbor.

Mine are going camping....my family and I are getting together with friends this weekend for a camping/corn hole adventure. We have made this a tradition and we always have fun. In the past I have tried to turn the outing into a cooking pleasure, but quickly found out that when I go camping I need to enjoy myself. My thoughts; there is nothing better than campfire food. Fire pot chili, foil packs, and nothing smells better than a fresh breakfast outside in the morning, leaving the camping neighbors jealous....MUAHHHHH!!! This year I have decided it's going to be hot dogs on sticks and finger foods. I am going to enjoy myself!!

The recipe that I have come up with for these beautiful mini loaves is this:

Blueberry Mini Bread

3 eggs, lightly beaten

1 c. unsweetened applesauce

3 tsp. vanilla extract

2 1/4 c. white sugar

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour

1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1 TBS ground cinnamon

1 pint fresh blueberries

Cane sugar to sprinkle before baking

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini loaf pan (notice mine had 8).

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar. Beat in the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pan. Bake 50 minutes (I started out at 30 minutes, with a complete bake time of 40 minutes). When my toothpick came out clean, I knew they were done. Cool 20 minutes in pan, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

Soft cream cheese on warm blueberry bread.....

Good luck~Happy eating~Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)