Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Title Is Deceiving: The Best Lemon Bars

I am truly in love with this recipe. The title is deceiving because it should say: The Best Lemon Bars In The World.

Definitely will be added to my "favorites".

I found this recipe from a newspaper clipping. It is called CookSmart, written by Three Many Cooks.
The three many cooks are: Maggy, Pam, and Sharon.
Ah, and as I read further, Three Many Cooks is a blog. I am on a search right now.....

I'm back! Here is a link to Threemanycooks.

I know what I will be doing today.....I will be visiting this blog to see if I can find some more "Best In The World" recipes.

Here is some more information about this blog: Pam Anderson is the editor, and she is assisted by her two daughters. The blog is about all things food. My kind of blog! Don't you agree?

Do you see what is laying on my kitchen counter?

Oh my goodness, it is a lemon zester. I have never owned one of these kitchen tools in my whole life, and I am now 43. I think it's about time I treat myself to one.

And if all it takes is 1 lemon zester to create these scrumptious lemon bars.....I am glad I invested.

The crust is baked first.

And then the lemon filling is poured on top and baked again.


This is what it looks like fresh out of the oven.


Let them cool to room temperature and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

I am going to be sharing this recipe in the church newsletter. I just know everyone will love this recipe.

I made one simple change to this recipe. I added graham cracker crumbs to the crust. Everything else needs to remain unchanged. Believe me, I am not joking, these bars are truly the best in the world.

The Best Lemon Bars In The World

For Crust:
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
1 stick butter, melted but not hot

For Filling:
2 large eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 TBS all-purpose flour
6 TBS lemon juice, or juice squeezed from two lemons
2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest, or lemon zest from two lemons

Heat oven to 325 degrees F. with oven rack in the middle. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil allowing to drape over the ends (you will need the extra foil to lift out the bars). Spray foil with cooking spray.
Mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl; stir in butter to form dough. Press dough into pan bottom. Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
While pastry bakes, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and zest in a medium bowl.
Remove pan from oven. Add lemon mixture and continue to bake until just set, about 20 minutes longer; let cool in pan for few minutes and then using the foil handles, pull bars from pan and set on a wire rack. Cool until room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cut into squares.

"Who is the King of glory? The Lord, who is strong and mighty. The Lord, who is mighty in battle."
Psalm 24:8

2 comments:

  1. They look mouth watering! I just used my zester this week on some oranges. Such a fun tool huh? Mine was a gift from a friend - quite a splurge for sure. Thanks for sharing -

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMM... can I say yummm enough.. I so love lemon bars... alright now... that does it ... off to buy some lemons tomorrow... instead of bringing brownie's to a get together I am bringing lemon bars... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)