The last couple days for me have been sad and stressful. Not for myself, but for a dear friend of mine.
And this blog post is not about me, it's about friendship, and building a baked potato.
The two don't have anything in common do they? Yes they do, and you will see the similarities when you follow along.
Come with me....
A plain baked potato. Baked in the oven, not the microwave.
A good baked potato takes time, patience, and creativity.
So, how is a baked potato anywhere similar to building a friendship?
- All it takes is a simple hello (simple plain baked potato).
- Add a little conversation (the cheese) and the likeliness will increase.
- Add a coffee date, shopping date, baking and cooking together day (sour cream), and your desire to see each other will increase.
- Top it off with regular visits, trusting conversations, love (the bacon), and you have perfection (the perfect friendship).
- Place yourself (the smoked turkey) beside that friend, and you have a perfect team.
Humans were created with love and passion. Where has that love and passion gone?
Why do we wait for a disaster (a friend in pain) before we let them know how much we care?
I have been paying attention to my Facebook posts that have been coming in from people on my friends' list.
Why do some people sit behind their keyboards and use Facebook for "slander-tag", "ridicule", and "hurtful words"?
A couple of posts that I noticed this week were, "Fake people are humorous." No name implied, and no direction....What is a fake person?
"I will not waste time on a friend that deletes me from Facebook." For real? Wasn't time just wasted on preparing that post and making it public? That person could have been mending a great friendship with the time it took them to be creative with their hurtful Facebook post.
Have you ever watched Bruce Willis in "The Surrogates"?
I highly recommend that movie. Is that where we are heading as humans? Are we lacking emotions and physical contact? Would we rather control our friendships and lives through a computer?
Where is our passion that we were created with?
"If any man love God, the same is known of him." 1 Cor. 8:3
This post is dedicated to my very dear friend Janis.