Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Fruit & Meat? Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Okay, say it....."Angie, you have been posting nothing but chicken recipes. Don't you think it's about time you mix things up a bit and bring us something other than chicken?"

I hear ya....I have been trying to talk myself into doing that the whole month of January, but myself isn't listening.

Do you know why?

Because I am trying to put better foods in my body, and chicken is one of the meats that is best for you (and me), (and myself).

This would make the perfect low calorie Valentine's Day meal. And the fresh raspberries make it so pretty.....Think Pink!!


One thing is for sure....Smucker's has got it go'n on!! Especially with their sugar-free preserve recipes.

Pictured above is the balsamic vinegar sauce made with sugar-free raspberry preserves. That is what you dump over your chicken. And when I make this again I will double that sauce recipe because it is out of this world fantastic on rice.....

If you love fresh red raspberries you will love this recipe. The fresh fruit and chicken just go hand in hand.

Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken (Smucker's Sugar-free Recipe)

2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
3/4 tsp. season salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
1/3 c. Smucker's sugar-free red raspberry preserves
1/2 c. fresh red raspberries

Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning salt and pepper. Cook chicken in skillet 14-18 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in same skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium heat 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, vinegar, and rosemary. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in preserves; heating until melted. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh raspberries.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This really sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Mary. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I have changed a few things and I'm trying to focus more on the healthy eating instead of all the nonsense that we eat (and I know there is tons out there....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angie! This is a YUM YUM YUM recipe - sounds just wonderful. Those fresh raspberries always suck me in...oh how I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty does this look and the recipe is amazing. I think I am switching to this for dinner tonight yum! Happy Valentine's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very special someone gave me that dish....I use it all the time. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)